Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rereading the Series....Again

I made it all the way to July 2001 without reading any Harry Potter books, then I went on vacation with my family and finished all the books I brought with me before the plane even landed. My sister had a copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone with her and offered to lend it to me. I couldn't imagine going a week with nothing to read, so I accepted, and I was hooked. I finished all four books currently available within two weeks and joined the millions of others waiting for the next book to come out. I reread the series at least once a year, and I inevitably come up with new insights with each read. Does "insights" sound too pretentious? Maybe ideas or thoughts would be better. Anyway, I do participate in an online community that talks about the books, but I often forget what I was thinking by the time I login and get to the right thread, so I've been thinking about blogging my next reread for awhile.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to do this, and I don't expect to have thousands or even hundreds of people interested in what I have to say. I intend to have this blog open as I read and post as I go. If I do get readers, I hope they'll feel free to comment. Agree, disagree, add your own thoughts. I might occasionally even ask a question for discussion. I'll blog one chapter at a time and will attempt to blog at least one chapter a day, but as I do have a job and a life, there might be days I don't get to it. I can be sarcastic, thoughtful, moody, or jubilant on any given days and my posts are likely to reflect that. All posts are my own thoughts and are meant to be taken as pure opinion. Finally, please consider this my official spoiler notice: I've read all 7 books multiple times and I'm highly likely to refer to future events, so if you're just getting around to reading the books now, or you're only watching the movies (which will likely also be referenced, often disparagingly) consider yourself warned.

I think that takes care of the housekeeping. Not sure yet if I'll be reading tonight or not...Lost is on later after all!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you love a fresh new blog??? Hope you have a lot of fun and great discussions here!

    ReplyDelete